Treble is turning the traditional PR agency on its head. We act as a newsroom, creating impressive and consistent wins as a team operating on all cylinders. We initiate before you have to give us orders. We keep shooting until we hit that moment that defines our collective success in media—the concept, the content, the media placement.
Our people are jacks-of-all-trades with proven track records. We are a diverse group of former agency leads, entrepreneurs & journalists from broadcast and leading online tech publications. We work with entrepreneurs, VCs and global brands whose innovations change the way people live and organizations work. Our clients quickly become familiar faces on the media circuit, and define and lead their respective industries.
TrebleINK is the dedicated content bureau within Treble. We create business heroes. Clients come to us with ideas and some basic marketing. We interview them and find out what they’re passionate about. We match those passions with their target audiences, and place ongoing content in publications (mostly online) that those audiences read. Our clients become trusted sources in their focus areas, and that is a proven way for them to win new fans and clients.
You are an organized and self-motivated individual that acts as a writer, editor and strategy contributor. It’s like being a dedicated reporter for your tech clients. You make sure the writing is clean and high-quality. You make sure every project moves along at a steady clip. You like it when everyone is happy and on-task, and are willing to do as much follow up and collaboration as necessary to keep everyone where they need to be.
You should love working with clients that have potential to disrupt their industry. You would apply your full focus to each client and project, and work hard to generate ridiculous(ly awesome) results that gel into each client’s unique PR and business goals.
The best ideas thrive under our roof, and you thrive in a creative environment. Communication expertise, outstanding time management skills, and a passion for new ideas, editing, research and technology are essential to succeed in this position.
Our principles are: We are idea machines | We’re fascinated by how technology is changing people and markets | One startup, or one product, serves as a microcosm for life in general
What we’re looking for: a writer with an insatiable curiosity about life, a fascination for new technology, a burning desire to understand new concepts, who work hard and are nice, and strive to be truly exceptional in the work they do every day. Preference will be given to people with experience in the tech industry. Former techies looking to break into writing are welcome.
The ideal writer:
- Thinks like a journalist
- Can’t rest until an argument is coherent
- Already has opinions about technology and business, but is open to debate
- Works better on deadline
- Values steady work over name recognition
- Understands the traditional writer-editor relationship: accept and be willing to learn from editorial feedback, rewrite as many times as needed
- Is intellectually curious. Maybe you even think life is one big learning process
- No work is below you — willing to take on the occasional random one-off task beyond article writing
- Ability to write in a variety of voices that appeal to a broad audience
- Ability to write in op-ed style, using timely examples to support an argument and advocate for clear reader takeaways at the end of the article
- Manage four clients from interview to writing articles to edit process and placement, with oversight from VP
- Interact directly with multiple clients and internal account teams to brainstorm, revise and update on content
- Contribute to the broader account strategy with proactive story angles
- Write blog posts
- Conduct research in support of thought leadership strategies and pitching efforts
- Interview clients about articles
- Attend biweekly calls for clients
- Write press releases on short deadlines for clients across B2B and B2C tech industries
- Write 650-1200 word op-ed style articles that will be placed in online and offline publications
- Develop relationships with publications that reach clients target audience
- Write case studies
- Write whitepapers
- Present executive profile opportunities to clients
- Research and present paid content opportunities to clients
- Revise based on internal and client feedback
- Draft awards applications
- Pen the occasional quote on behalf of clients
- Glean ad hoc article topics from client interviews
- Respond quickly and effectively to client demands
- Other ad hoc writing tasks TBD
Reports to Directly to Vice President of TrebleINK
Job Type: Full-time
Education: BA / BS
Experience: 5 yrs, 2 yrs in Tech
Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO + paid holidays
TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’re the person for the job. Attach supporting evidence to that email and resume.